Friday 5 October 2007

Decision

Despite some feedback from members of the class, I've decided to go for screen design 1 as my final design.

The primary reason for this is the reaction of Steve in the feedback group on Tuesday. This was his preferred design, and he is the client! I did try to dissuade him from this at first, but in retrospect, he is the client and therefore he has the final say!

Over the course of the week I think I've come round to agree with him... feedback from older family and friends leads me to believe that the style of design 1 will 'connect' more with older people, and that this design reflects some styles of 30+ years ago. As my target audience is older, it's probably the best bet that I go with this and use design 1. Now all that remains is slight editing, including 'chunking' the text and amending the font to a more web safe font.


Thanks to those who left feedback.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually said a hybrid of the two - much as Mark suggested.

James Bell said...

Hi Tom,

I agree with your choice of the first screen design and I think that it always useful to get feedback from people who are in the target audience like you did as they are ultimately the people who the site is designed for.

Julian Dyer said...

My advice is simple: appease the Steve! He will be the one marking it.

Mark Torrington said...

Tom,
The screen design you showed me in class today is really coming together. The blue header gives the design structure and repositioning the photographs has improved the composition. When are you uploading this masterpiece?.